Sunday night and I’m doing my week in a day cooking. In addition to making my dinners for the week, I also like to make a few items that are easy to-go items. This week I made chicken salad and egg salad.
I made the chicken salad a little different than normal and I really loved the outcome. Since it’s just me that will eat it – I used only 1 large chicken breast (or 4 tenders), but if making this recipe for more than one, I’d definitely suggest at least doubling up on the ingredients.
First, I poached the chicken in water with onion, garlic, bay leaves, celery, salt and pepper. Once cooked and just slightly cooled, I chopped it to a shredded texture.
Next I mixed the following ingredients:
- large spoonful of mayo (I’ve been using the mayo w/ olive oil and I love it!)
- small spoonful of softened cream cheese
- small palm full of chives, finely chopped
- handful of grapes, halved
- dash of dill
- dash of salt and pepper
- small palm full of celery and celery leaves, finely chopped
So flavorful and creamy!! Delicious on crackers, a croissant, or just by itself. Also, perfect for a busy work week lunch.