Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chicken Salad Delight

DSCN1453

Sunday night and I’m doing my week in a day cooking.  In addition to making my dinners for the week, I also like to make a few items that are easy to-go items.  This week I made chicken salad and egg salad.

I made the chicken salad a little different than normal and I really loved the outcome.  Since it’s just me that will eat it – I used only 1 large chicken breast (or 4 tenders), but if making this recipe for more than one, I’d definitely suggest at least doubling up on the ingredients.

First, I poached the chicken in water with onion, garlic, bay leaves, celery, salt and pepper.  Once cooked and just slightly cooled, I chopped it to a shredded texture.

Next I mixed the following ingredients:

  • large spoonful of mayo (I’ve been using the mayo w/ olive oil and I love it!)
  • small spoonful of softened cream cheese
  • small palm full of chives, finely chopped
  • handful of grapes, halved
  • dash of dill
  • dash of salt and pepper
  • small palm full of celery and celery leaves, finely chopped

So flavorful and creamy!!  Delicious on crackers, a croissant, or just by itself.  Also, perfect for a busy work week lunch.

No comments: