Monday, August 1, 2011

Italian Night

I was inspired watching the latest Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” in Naples and decided to make some Italian food for dinner.

PREP: roast red pepper.  boil water for noodles.

The first dish started as all good Italian dished do – with garlic.  To be specific, I began with a couple grated garlic cloves melting into virgin olive oil and butter for the foundation.

20

Meanwhile, I had a red pepper in the oven on broil that was just about done.  I added spinach, the roasted red pepper, and fire-roasted diced tomatoes into the pan with a little salt, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper to season.

21

Once my spaghetti noodles were cooked al dente, I tossed them into the pan and sprinkled with parmesan cheese to finish.

22

Magnificent!

23

Since the man is more basic in his love of Italian, I made him a homemade pizza fresh off a stone oven pan (love this pan).

27

It’s Italian fest in our house tonight!

1 comment:

cALyPsO said...

I'd love some good HEALTHY pizza recipes.. My little 18 month old seems to eat only pizza. I'd love to sneak in some veggies in there along with good chicken for protein so I'm sure he's getting all his nutritional needs met.. Let me know if you find anything.. I'll have my eagle eye out too..
Oh and the simple spaghetti dish looks YUMMY!!!