Sunday, June 19, 2011

My pastry pies!

I love pie and pastries, but never want to buy them at the store because so often they can only be purchased in large quantities.  For my at home experiment I simply used already made roll-out pastry dough and incorporated a blend of fillings!

First, I rolled out the dough a bit thinner and cut into small squares.  Then, I brushed on a light coat of unsalted butter and sugar.  I filled the pockets with everything from peaches and apples, to cream cheese and dark chocolate.  I wanted to try a variety so I could choose my favorite (peaches w/ cinnamon!).  Finally, I closed up the dough, brushed on an egg wash and sprinkled with a bit more sugar.  350 degrees for 10-12 mins depending on how big you make the pockets.

It was fun, easy and a tasty hand-held treat.

DSCF6425

DSCF6427

DSCF6428

DSCF6430

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have several yummy recipes on your blog that call for pastry dough. I have looked online for a simple and straightforward pastry dough recipe, but can't seem to find one. If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind sharing yours?

Sarah said...

Yum - yum!! They look great!

Londyn said...

Anon - yes! I will post this week!