Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breakfast Boost

I’ve been reading “The Beauty Detox Solution” and it is a pretty extreme lifestyle choice highly focused on raw fresh vegetables.  Essentially it promotes a vegan diet, but has a few alternatives if a person choses to have animal protein a few days a week.  In addition, it completely cuts out dairy and sugar.  Yikes!

My plan is to take the challenge and try it out for a month to see what benefits I notice and then make the determination of how much to continue or not.  Even now, I admit I’m not following 100%.  My “cheat” is a mid-morning coffee and sweet.  I figure that’s still pretty good.

For breakfast, I’ll have one of three things:

  1. small plate of fruit and veggies
  2. green smoothie (fruit & veggies such as kale and apple)
  3. gluten free oats with unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, and berries

Not super exciting, but we’ll see how it goes.  Thus far, I have good energy and have lost 5 lbs – so I’m not complaining!

DSCF6463

DSCF6513

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll have great glowing skin too! I'm convinced that a diet that's high in raw fruits and veggies contribute to youthful, clear looking skin!