Sunday, February 27, 2011

Making it work! Pasta Lasagna

DSCF5889

I started to make lasagna tonight – I had homemade marinara & meat sauce, and ricotta & parm mixture ready to go when I realized I had only 3 lasagna noodles left!  Instead of running to the store for 1 lonely item or scrapping the dish altogether, I decided to make it work with what I had.

I cooked up rigatoni noodles, and used them as my pasta layer!  Sauce, pasta, ricotta, sauce, pasta, ricotta – topped with real mozzarella cheese (btw, SO worth the extra spare change).  Baked @ 375 degrees for 30 mins.  It had all the same feeling of a comforting lasagna, but was actually easier to eat and serve!

DSCF5885

DSCF5887

1 comment:

Healthy and Homemade said...

I've had to do this many times because I never stock up on pasta =P Still amazingly satisfying though!