Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week in a Day Cooking

The last 2 weeks I’ve done “week in a day” cooking.  In other words – I’ve done my cooking for the entire week in a single day.  I got the idea from Rachel Ray’s new Cooking Chanel show (Week in a Day) and it’s such a great time investment!

I love to cook, so it was actually a wonderful way to spend a weekend day.  I’ve decided to dedicate all Sunday afternoons to this effort.  A bottle of wine, a little music, and a lot of cooking.  What better way to start the week?

My “week in a day” tasks actually starts on Saturday.  I select all my recipes for the week, write up my grocery list and go grocery shopping.  When Sunday rolls around – I’m ready to go!  I pile all my food, pots, recipes, etc.. on my counters, pour my glass of wine, and get to cooking.

DSCF5671

Now if I could just catch up my food blogging to my food cooking / eating…!

What I’ve made (all recipes soon to come!):

Week 1: Hungarian Shepard’s Pie, Chicken Tetrazzini, Sloppy Joes, and Chicken Salad.

Week 2: Baked Ziti, Roasted Chicken, Tuna Salad, Vegetable Curry, and Garlic Sautéed Broccoli.

For anyone like me – who’s seriously busy @ work during the week and exhausted and starving when rolling in the door in the evening… – you should try this!  It was not only a fun way to spend my Sunday afternoon but it gave me something to look forward to throughout the week.

No comments: