- butter (1/2 cup, 1/2 cup, + more to taste later)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups fine honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 – 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate
Put 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar, unsweetened chocolate, and vanilla in top part of double boiler. Cook over boiling water until well blended. Add egg (temper egg first) and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring. Add crumbs, nuts and coconut. Press into buttered 9x9 pan. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
Cream 1/2 cup butter until fluffy; beat in pudding mix and milk. Add confections sugar gradually and beat until smooth. Spread over first layer. Chill 15 minutes.
Melt semisweet chocolate and 1-2 tablespoon(s) butter over low heat until smooth. Spread over second layer. Chill until firm. Cut in small (1 inch) squares. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve (let set out 10 minutes to soften before serving).
So good!! Thanks grandma, God rest.