Monday, December 13, 2010

Eat me! Fabulous Stuffed Cupcakes

DSCF5500

I watched Cooking Channel’s Unique Eats: Cupcakes and got totally enamored with the delight of baking, stuffing, and devouring everything cupcake.

My first attempt was the “twinkie cupcake”.  I made a homemade yellow cake batter (box would also work – just add some vanilla and sour cream to the batter to make it special), baked up the cupcakes as normal and then piped in a mixture of marshmallow cream and cream cheese into the center before topping with vanilla buttercream frosting and caramel drizzle. 

Next on my list - Butternut Squash Cupcake Stuffed with Maple Cream Cheese

I’m also considering making some for Christmas and I’m toying with ideas of red velvet w/ chocolate gauche filling and vanilla frosting topped with coconut.  Too much?  Or just enough…?!?!

DSCF5498DSCF5499

1 comment:

Helen said...

Yum Londyn! I haven't visited for a while, but all these look great.

Have a nice Christmas!

- Helen
www.roughcooking.com