Sunday, November 14, 2010

Caramelized Onion Pizza

Love caramelized onions?  Then you’ll love this pizza!  I started out with a basic pizza dough.  While the dough was rising and prepping in the oven (I always drizzle my dough with olive oil, Italian seasonings, and bake a few minutes before adding toppings) – I caramelized the onions.

Caramelizing onions is very easy.  The only tips you need to know are to keep the stovetop heat low, to use a decent amount of oil and butter as a cooking base, and to have patience.  It can take a good 20 minutes to caramelize a medium onion.

One the dough and onions were ready, I topped the pizza with some other ingredients I had on hand – goats cheese, shredded chicken, baby spinach, and a touch of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.  A final drizzle of olive oil and the pizza is ready to go back in the oven and then in my tummy!

   28 2931

No comments: