Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vegan Meal – Kabob Inspired

DSCF4995 

This dinner was so simple but so divine!  Personally, I really enjoy eating appetizers or side items for my main meal.  It allows me to taste several items instead of getting full from just one thing.  In essence – I get to eat more! 

Earlier today I went to Hoggy’s and for lunch I ordered 2 side items -the vegetable kabob and the cucumber, tomato salad.  It was so good that I decided to make a similar dish for my dinner!

For vegetables, I evenly chopped up: red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, baby bella mushrooms, red onion, cherry tomatoes, & asparagus. I then mixed in a generous helping of olive oil, salt & pepper, Worchester sauce, a dab of low sodium soy sauce, and 1 grated clove of garlic.  I let it marinate for an hour, then baked in a 375 degree oven until tender.  If I had a grill, I would have absolutely used that instead!

DSCF4986

For the cucumber tomato salad, I just used olive oil, salt & pepper, a dab of red wine vinegar, 1 grated clove of garlic, and a dab of Italian dressing.  Let marinate 1 hour and eat chilled.  If you like raw onion, red onion is also popular in this salad… mozzarella is also a popular choice. 

DSCF4988

For my full meal, I also had my chick pea mix, jasmine rice, avocado, and also added cut kernels from my corn on the cob.

No comments: