Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reworking Taco Salad

My boyfriend and I were making tacos for dinner tonight.  Nothing special there, except that I wanted to go a bit more healthy.  Typically I would opt for fat free refried beans (skip the beef / light on the cheese) and call it a day, but we were all out so I had to find a substitute. 

I ended up using chick peas!  It was really good and I’m definitely going to make it a normal item on the taco menu.

I used the food processor to make the chick pea mixture a similar texture of refried beans.

Blend the following ingredients in food processor:

  • 1 garlic clove - minced
  • 1 can chick peas – drained and rinsed
  • olive oil – 3 tablespoons (or as needed to give smooth texture)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon tahineh (mulled sesame seeds used to make hummus) – optional
  • 1/3 packet taco seasoning
  • salt to taste   

DSCF4965 DSCF4967DSCF4968

No comments: