Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Tacos

I’m a big fan of tacos and a big fan of pulled pork, so this recipe was made for me!  It takes a bit of time to pull together, so I’d suggest (for all busy people like myself) making it on the weekend.  It’s worth the time investment.

Prep: 10 min / Cook: 4–5 hrs / Amount: 10 tacos

  • 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds) cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1.5 cups salsa verde (I bought pre-made, but you can make it yourself if you have the energy!)
  • 1 medium red pepper chopped
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup dried apricots
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)

Combine all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 on high until meat is super tender.  How easy is that?!?!?  Shred the pork and wrap in soft warm tortillas with favorite toppings (I like sour cream, avocado, and tomato).

Eat well my friends.

No comments: