This is a similar recipe that I’ve used on tuna casserole, but I gave it a twist and added chicken and rice instead. It was scrumptious!
- 1 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (or as desired) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine cooked rice
- salt & pepper
- Cook noodles; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan cook celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour to thicken sauce.
- Add mild and broth until desired consistency.
- Stir in chicken and rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.