Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saucy~ chicken stir fry

I love making stir fry because it’s such a good way to use leftovers.  I had leftover chicken breast, rice, and veggies – so in to the pan they went!

The key to good stir fry is having a good sauce to accompany it.  Now, I love just about all Chinese / Thai / etc… sauces, but a few I commonly use are peanut sauce, hoisin, and plum sauce.

DSCF4441

First, I marinated my chicken with a little olive oil, garlic, and soy sauce.  Then I cooked it, cut it in bite size pieces, and set aside.

Next I sautéed any veggies I could find in my fridge, including: leeks, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, and garlic. 

DSCF4438

Once the veggies were cooked, I added rice, chicken, and my sauce (I mixed all 3 of the above).  Next, I cracked in an egg and lightly scrambled it in the pan as it cooked.

DSCF4444

My final step was to plate and crumble over some peanuts and cashews.  So good!

DSCF4448

2 comments:

Rice Palette said...

Londyn, this looks awesome! I also love creating dishes using leftovers :)

I like the addition of the egg as well!

The Hyper Cook said...

Looks super yummyyy.. I will give it a try:)