Monday, June 14, 2010

Chocolate Cake… but better!

 DSCF4414

Oh, I had a hankering for chocolate cake today!!  Whenever I make anything “from the box”, I always try to add a little something special to make it my own (and to make it seem more homemade).

My additions to store bought chocolate cake mix are super simple.  Make the cake per the box directions, THEN ADD:

  • a cup of sour cream (trust me)
  • 1/3 package of instant chocolate pudding mix (trust me again)
  • 1 teaspoon of almond extract
  • either mini chocolate chips or shavings of semi-sweet chocolate squares (enough for personal preference) 

Just those small changes make a world of difference!

And just in case you were wondering – yes of course I scrape the bowl and lick the spoon.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This sounds so good and I don't even like chocolate cake!!