Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Special Special Burgers

 DSCF4332 

I love fancy gourmet food, but I also love old fashion down home basics – including hamburgers!! 

I made these hamburgers with just a little twist:

  • extra lean beef
  • Worcestershire sauce
  • grill seasoning
  • dill

To make them extra special, I added a good size chunk of Vermont sharp cheddar right in the middle of the patty.

**Another special touch was to put cranberry sauce on the bun instead of ketchup – its sweet and tangy flavor was a great switch from the norm!

DSCF4321

On the side, I grilled up some leeks and onions.

(Can you tell which burgers are mine and which ones are my boyfriend’s??)

DSCF4322

Finally, I finished off my plate with pickles and heirloom tomatoes.  I ADORE heirloom tomatoes and will never go back to regular old tomatoes.  Heirlooms are a bit more expense, but not too much – and the flavor is divine.  They just have a more intense fresh tomato-y flavor in them…  Try them; you’ll love them.

DSCF4325

1 comment:

Wicked Thrifty said...

oooh... cheese-stuffed! brilliant. i've seen bits of cheese all mixed through but this is a fantastic idea with the pocket!

i also LOVE heirloom tomatoes. it's almost tomato season, woohooo! nothing quite like a perfectly ripe august one...