I love frittatas because you can make so many kinds of them!! Some of my favorite combos are spinach and potato frittatas (recipe below) and asparagus and swiss cheese frittatas, but really – you can use whatever you have in the fridge!
Today I had bacon, peas, onion, cheddar, and goats cheese. Not my best combo, but not my worst either!
Frittatas are also great because they are so easy to make. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour it in a baking pan.
Once it’s baked – cut into pie slices and eat!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are firm.