Monday, February 8, 2010

Time for dessert!

3

 

One of the (many) difficult things about eating healthy is figuring out what to eat for dessert.

 

I don’t know about you, but I just can’t go without something sweet in my daily diet.

I’ve made the Cook Yourself Thin biscotti and it’s okay.  But it definitely didn’t hit the “dessert spot” in my belly.

I plan on trying some of the other CYT desserts, but I haven’t had the necessary ingredients on hand, so I’ve yet to try them.

2

Earlier this week, I decided to make an angel food cake – it’s pretty light in calories and doesn’t require frosting, so I’m deeming it “healthy”.

EXPLOSION!  Holy cow – that thing exploded when I cooked it!  You can see from the picture that it tried to take over my cake pan.  Either way, it still tasted mighty good (as you can tell by the piece that’s missing)!

I ate the angel food cake with some simple macerated strawberries.  Because I had macerated the strawberries, they were nice and juicy – so I had no need to add anything extra like whip cream.  Yum!

What are your favorite “healthy” desserts?

2 comments:

Andie said...

nonfat greek yogurt with fruit
sugar free pudding cups
diet coke cupcakes
dove dark chocolates

Londyn said...

good ones!