Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pizza Pizza

DSCF3872One of the things I find most difficult when trying to eat healthy is the influence that others have on what food I eat. 

For instance, when I came home from work yesterday my man wanted to have pizza for dinner.  His pizza version consists of heavy dough, lots of sauce, pepperoni, cheese, and sometimes sausage and bacon.  Houston, we have a problem…

But wait!  I decided to make a healthy version pizza for myself and told him to make his own!

My pizza consisted of:

  • healthy wheat tortilla crust
  • a brush of olive oil
  • chicken
  • roasted garlic
  • mushrooms
  • spinach
  • part skim ricotta cheese

I also added some chopped tomato for garnish (though not in the picture).  

Of course…, the best option is to only have to make one meal that everyone will eat, but as life just doesn’t always work that way – I’ll keep on improvising.  And next time he wants a juicy hamburger, I’ll just whip out the ground chicken for myself and tell him to make his own!

1 comment:

Andie said...

you what else makes a great substitute for regular pizza? I love to get that flatout bread and then use some jarred pizza sauce or marinara and spread it on the bottom and use 2% lowfat mozzarella and then turkey pepperoni. I actually prefer turkey pepperoni over the real stuff now.

then top with veggies of your choice and make a little salad to go with it- and I"m good to go! It's really low in fat and calories and high in fiber. good stuff.

your pizza looks pretty tasty here, too! I may have to give it a whirl one of these days. :)