Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Leftovers = Shepherd’s Pie – with a twist!

DSCF3933 DSCF3936

Whenever I cook I always end up having too much food left over, and I get sick of eating the same thing more than twice – so… I have to invent new ways to work with leftovers!

Last week, I took my Kind of Cassoulet dish and converted it to a new version of Shepherd’s Pie!  It was very simple since all I had to do was pour it in a pot and top it with some homemade mashed potatoes (also leftovers!).  It turned out great! 

FYI – my secrets to fabulous mashed potatoes are:

  1. heating the milk before blending
  2. using real butter!
  3. incorporating Tastefully Simple’s spinach & artichoke cream cheese spread

Granted, my mashed potatoes don’t go down in my healthy recipe book, but mmmmm… can’t you just taste the creamy goodness?

DSCF3715

No comments: