Friday, February 12, 2010

All the toppings for me please!

DSCF3865 DSCF3866

I have always gobbled up salads like they’re going out of style – but I love all of the toppings so much that I typically end up with 70% toppings and 30% salad / lettuce mix.

Here are a few of the toppings I adore:

  • english cucumbers
  • mushrooms
  • goats cheese / sharp cheddar / feta / blue cheese
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • tomatoes
  • chicken
  • almonds / walnuts / sunflower seeds
  • beets
  • cranberries
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • cauliflower
  • peas
  • hard-boiled eggs

I’m sure the list goes on, but those items are top of mind right now.  Actually, I’m making myself hungry… a salad is sounding good   :)

What else would you add to the list?

2 comments:

Wicked Thrifty- Formerly The Thrifty Stylist said...

i'm a little bit scared of sweet with savory, so i shy away from fruit on veggie salads, personally. i would add roasted reds or fresh pepper slices, and i like my carrots shredded so they're not super crunchy and hard to grab with the fork :P
i also usually go all-baby-spinach, since it has lots more nutrients than lettuce. yay for salad!
oh, and annie's goddess dressing is DIVINE.

Andie said...

broccoli slaw mix, purple cabbage, dried cranberries, croutons, and sometimes cauliflower. You are making me think I should get a salad for lunch today! I may do that! :)